Tuesday, June 28, 2005

More pictures



Here is a link to pictures from days 6 and 7 (Baker City to Ontario, OR). The first one (top left) shows Paul trying an alternate mode of transport (outside Baker City).
http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=97van5jj.cmhusjx7&Uy=-h3m9qg&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=998618000205_783468826203

We didn't take any pictures yesterday because it was raining.

Today is rest day in Boise. We traversed our first state (Oregon) and crossed a time zone into the Mountain Zone (top right). Oregon is really big. It took us a week to get through it. Now we're in a nice hotel in Boise enjoying a day off. We both really need it. My butt is sore and my seat is broken. A lot of the roads we've traveled have been basically packed gravel (sometimes pebbles) in asphalt--very bumpy. In some ways, I'm glad to know that my seat suffered as much as my butt, but I had to buy a new seat. This is one of a string of recent equipment failures, and it is starting to get old (and expensive).

Cheers,

Len

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are getting some rest. I feel empathy for the "seat" pain from my C&O canal ride, but that was only 3 days and I had some time to heal. As I recall the pain had little to do with the area I traditionally think of as my seat.

Apparently tumbling off of a bike is a pre-requesite for running for President as both Bush and Kerry took falls during the campaign, and our governor did the same yesterday with some impressive one handed riding.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/27/AR2005062701517.html


I'm just glad you both don't have political ambitions so no need to emulate the presidential hopefuls. Please stay within striking distance of your seats (it is ok to stand every once in a while in order to get some "seat" discomfort relief.)

Greetings from Joan, Kevin, Daniel, Eric, and me!

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Len and Paul,

Following your exploits - with pictures, no less - and the $94,000 you've raised is totally awesome! Love Len's travelogues and references to hot springs, massages, and sensuous hills - and Paul's reality checks. Your trip blog is like an addicting new
"Survivor" series - except (hopefully) no one gets kicked off.

BTW - I made a reference the other day to the bunny attack on Carter and the 20 and 30 somethings I was with thought I was making it up.

You'll both be Iron Men by the time I see you in Rochester,MN on the 20th!

Love,
Nancy

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home