Sunday, July 24, 2005

Manitowoc, Wisconsin

It will have only taken us seven days in total to cross Minnesota and Wisconsin when we officially leave the friendly dairy state tomorrow for the greener pastures of Michigan. We have had to devote much more time to cross all those other states -- most of them took us something like six or seven days -- so it take a little bit of a paradigm shift to get used to crossing these smaller states. I feel like we are making much better progress right now because we seem to be just flying across this part of America. It is predominately flat, there are landmarks everywhere, and there are people apleanty; all that really helps the time pass with as little pain as possible.
Wisconsin has been hot and I am holding some shred of hope that Michigan will be slightly better weather wise. But if not there is nothing that I can do about it... just gotta ride.
I have pretty much resigned myself to my fate as a biker. It is like going to a job that you hate every day but cannot quit -- where you don't like your co-workers and you don't find the everyday outcome of your toils to be fufilling. I know that it is necessary for me to continue on so that we can continue our fundraising, and I will, but I am counting down the days and miles until I am done.
Other than the fact that I have to bike every now and again, things are fine. Not much to report.

Footnotes for July 24th:
  • We cross into eastern standard time tomorrow on our ferry ride. After that I will not have to reset my watch again.
  • An event was set up for us in Battleboro, Vermont by Tina Blust (tinab@sover.net) on August 6th. She will set up a table for us at a local bike shop -- she is awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home